Monday, January 14, 2008

Back in Edmonton, yes I know Im slow.

Well, I'm back in Edmonton after spending some time in Abbotsford for Christmas. I am thankful for the 3 weeks off but I am also thankful to be back at school. I found that 3 weeks off is a bit too long if I am not working or travelling, it can get boring.

So I returned to TKUC on January 4th and have been enjoying my classes. This semester I am taking Biology: Organisms in Their Environment; Sociology: Deviance; Psychology: Adulthood and Aging, Sensation and Perception, and Psychology of Religion.

Before the semester started I was really excited about my Psychology of Religion class because one of the texts we need to read is "American Gods" by Niel Gaiman. It's not every day that my favorite author is used as a required text. Especially outside of an English class. American Gods is a good book, but the reader ought to be warned before picking it up. It is kind of pulpy and it includes several occasions of erotic situations. Nonetheless, I am thrilled that I get to read a Neil Gaiman book for a class.

I am worried about my sociology class because I didn't enjoy that professor last time I had him 2 years ago. Biology shouldn't be too bad. The other two psychology classes should be allot of fun.

Also this semester more people should be getting involved with activities at the Edmonton Young Offenders Center. Hopefully. It has been very frustrating trying to get things organized. I decided to ask for help and let someone else handle that aspect of it. It is hard to let go of control and trust others, and God.

On a final note, This weekend our apartment got a new roommate to replace Jesse. Our new roommate is Darren, who I graduated from Abby Christian with 7 years ago! Its so random! He seems to be fitting in and I am glad that he ended up in out apartment.

No comments: