Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Derrick got in a car accident on Monday.

On Monday my cousin and friend Derrick got into a car accident as he spun out on a patch of black ice near Revelstoke on his way from Edmonton to Abbotsford. He collided with another vehicle. Derrick and the other driver were badly injured while the passanger of the other car was not as badly injured.

Derrick broke his left femur, shoulder, arms, and both ankles. His bones are leaking bone marrow into the blood stream which resulted in a stroke. Thankfully his heart is beating and there is no sign of brain damage. He recently underwent surgery on his femur and it was good.

I am deeply saddened by this accident because Derrick is such a good person. I am so thankful to have Derrick as a friend here in Edmonton. He was there from the beginning of the prison ministry that I felt called to do. He is so supportive and dependable, filled with the Holy Spirit, a comforter in my needs. I am so glad to have him as a strong companion. I love him because he loves the Lord. He always seeked out the truth and lived by it, he loved his neighbors. He trusts in the Lord to make him wise and strong.

It doesn't seem right that this would happen to such a good person. I beleive that God is bigger than this accident and He will comfort Derrick and his family in this time of need. His family has gone through so much lately and I pray that you heal their wounds and comfort them.

Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts.

No comments: