Monday, October 1, 2007

A story about my tongue.

ohkatherine from the ORG ( http://www.zefrank.org/ ) asked me to tell another wonderful story so I thought, 'Maybe I can talk about my tongue.' My tongue is actually (very) slightly forked. It happened one day after school, grade 6 or 7 I will say, jumping on our trampoline. The trampoline was a death trap with rusty springs and no padding, but that is besides the point.

My friend Randy and I were having fun trying to "double bounce" each other where two people jump at a certain time to make one person jump unusually high. Well we succeeded in doing one of these double bounces only there was a problem. When I got double bounced Randy was pretty much directly under me. My open jaw landed squarely on his head and caused me to bite. I bit right though my tongue. We went to the hospital to get it checked out to see if it needed stitches but it was quite small and the doctor thought it would just heal up on its own. But it didn't completely heal and it left this little nub of a tongue all on its own.
Its hard to see, but its there, on the right of the photo. I like rubbing it against my teeth.


Oh and I can also do this with my tongue:

2 comments:

The Invisible Man said...

So you could say you have 2 tongues?

Kenneth said...

I guess so... one big tongue and one teensy weensy tongue.