Sunday, September 2, 2007

Vulcan

This blog goes out to my friend John who recently left home for Regent College (is that right?) I know that he is a huge Trekkie so I think he would appreciate this video allot.

http://www.vimeo.com/295535

I don't know if you have ever been to the town of Vulcan, Alberta... but it is a must see for any Star Trek fan. Originally named after the "blacksmith of the gods" in Greek mythology, Vulcan, it became a tourist attraction after the Star Trek franchise became popular. It now boasts a statue of a constellation class ship (like the original Enterprise), a gift shop, a dress up picture area, a Star Trek based virtual reality game, (which I didn't go on) and loots of Star Trek related memorabilia.

Anyway, John I hope that you enjoy this glimpse of Vulcan if you haven't done so first hand already!

No comments: