Monday, August 13, 2007

Last weekend.

Well, I shouldn't be doing this but I am going to blog about my entire weekend in one blog. I should have blogged about stuff as they come up but I didn't. I wasn't super busy, I was just lazy.

Friday Night: Panic Squad, Gerry Ebbers and worship @ "About a burning Fire"

"About a burning fire" was a valley wide Collage and Careers event that included worship songs, stories by my good friend Gerry Ebbers, and improv comedy by Panic Squad. Gerry told us stories about how in his younger days long past he and his friend were pyromaniacs. They lit (with a flamethrower no less) a ditch on fire an nearly burnt down a small town. He says that when the holy spirit is in our lives, it is like an unquenchable fire, very powerful.

Later Panic Squad came on stage and did some improv comedy. Nearly all the themes they work with are based on what the audience suggests. We must have been funny because they were funny too. My friend Aaron even got to go on stage and do noises for one of the actors. One time he had to imitated a pull string teddy bear and he made it say, " Heh heh, that tickles!"

Panic Squad: http://www.panicsquad.com/

Saturday: Stardust

Saturday day I cleaned the house before my parents came home and played video games all day until evening came. That night I saw the movie Stardust, which is based on a graphic novel by Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess. Neil Gaiman is my favorite author and Charles Vess is a good artist. I think this is Neil Gaiman's first book adaptation that has made it to "Feature length film" status... Anyway I really enjoyed this movie, it has action, adventure, comedy, romance.

Many critics compare it to "The Princess Bride" and say that they are similar. But I don't think that is true. Stardust is more serious than The Princess Bride which is more of a comedy than anything else. Stardust is also more violent thanks to director Matthew Vaughn who also directed "Layer Cake" a film about gangsters. I was skeptical of the director choice at first, but after seeing Stardust I would say it was a good choice.

Stardust Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/stardust/

Sunday: Alone time

Sunday afternoon I decided to have some alone time with just me and my journal. I won't tell you what I wrote in my journal because its a secret. But I think it was a good journal entry and I am glad that I wrote it. Maybe one day I'll share it with someone, maybe.

After Church in the evening I had an hour to kill before College and Careers Bible Study so crossed the street to watch some cricket... yes there is cricket in Abbotsford BC Canada, who knew?! Apparently it is quite popular among the East Indian population in Abbotsford. I think that I caught the end of a game of cricket but I am confused. I thought cricket was some sort of team sport but when the thing that ended the game happened, everyone seemed to be very excited... and I have no idea how it happened really! I think I should play cricket some day.

Cricket Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

No comments: