Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The adventures that it would bring.

Today my annoying boss CJ told me to build some wooden cages for some cement mixers I had just build yesterday. I used four palettes to construct each cage. I am glad I only had to build four.

As I was hammering fruitlessly away at a nail that didn't want to go in straight, my co-worker Blair asked me jokingly if I built a tree fort as a kid. Thinking back I never needed to build a tree fort. As a kid I would just climb the tree branches themselves and hangout in the trees. There isa park behind my parents house with several good climbing trees. My friends used to play games like capture the flag, fort knox, glycolgen, and town amongst those trees... Fun times!

On Sunday I rediscovered the joys of treeclimbing when some of my nephews asked if I could play in the park with them I climbed this one tree within view of my parents back yard. I must have climbed a good fourty or fifty feet up. It freaked my mom out. Needless to say, after seeing how easy it was to climb this tree, I did not help my little nephew into the tree. A boy could climb that tree for hours, the adventures that it would bring, only to fall and die a gruesome death?... No thanks, I don't want that on my conscience, especially within view of their parents, eek.

No comments: