Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dave and Amanda's Wedding part 2

I will briefly tell you that Dave and Amanda had a very good wedding and they enjoyed it allot. It was allot of fun. The wedding at Capilano Church (?) was short and sweet. The reception had great food, games, no alcohol and most importantly lots of family and friends. If someone want the Bride and Groom to kiss the had to roll a dice with 4 options on it. 1. They kiss automatically. 2. Trivia about them. 3. Sing a song with "love" in it. 4. Hula-Hoop for fifteen seconds. They also played a small version of "Deal or No Deal" $1000 was the maximum amount that they could have won. When the only two choices were $300 and $1000 were left the newlyweds made a deal to sell their case for $701, which is a good deal because their case had the $300 prize in it! That will help them on their honeymoon which Davc won't tell anyone about, sigh. There was also dancing to end off the night in celebration.


That was everyones general experience of the wedding. Now let me tell you mine. I was responsible for taping a video of the wedding which is generally a new experience for me. Part way through the wedding I accidentally dropped the camera which hit the record button. So for a few minutes I didn't notice and then hit record again. This means there is a chunk missing from the wedding.

I was really disappointed and it cast a looming shadow over my entire day. I did have fun at the reception, but I was not myself. Normally I would have taken my camera and taken a ton of pictures but I didn't want to screw up and take crappy pictures all night. I already screwed up one thing that day.

I managed to get up to the mic to say a few words to the bride and groom about their new life together. I said that I was blessed to have them in the small group and that God had great things for them in their marriage. I meant to comment on how fortunate we were to have them in our group. About the time when Amanda chose a verse before going to to Whyte Ave. to sing and hand out food only to have a street person, Lenard, read that same verse and affirm God's presence in Her life. About what a good friend and leader Dave has been in my own life and at King's. Thinking about it, I had so much to say, but I only said a few words.

I felt disgraced that day. I disgraced myself and did not allow myself to be the me that God made me to be. But I am very glad that God, my spiritual dad, does not disgrace me. The is nothing I can do to make him remove his grace from me because he love me so much :) I am glad that I can turn to him if I am feeling down and that he can love me for who I am.

No comments: