Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dave and Amanda's wedding part 1

On Thursday night I went to my friend's stag which I helped to organize. I started out at my house where we gave Dave (the groom) a pink shirt to wear for the evening. The shirt read, "TOUGH GUYS WEAR PINK" I thought it would be a good encouragement sort of thing whilst still trying to embarrass him a bit. From there we headed out to the Outback Steakhouse in the south part of Edmonton. They have excellent food there. Most of us had the special which was steak and lobster. I have never had lobster before but I am sure glad that I did that night. After dinner we went bowling. We only got to play one game because it closed at 11 pm, Something I didn't know.I did absolutely horrible at bowling despite all the practice I had been getting on the Nintendo Wii that afternoon. So, after the real bowling a few of us went back to where I was staying and played some Wii bowling, I got a much better score then :)

The next day I had to pay my tuition deposit and it's a very good thing that I did this because it was the last day that I would be able to do so. Later I went to Whyte Ave. to shop for a father's day present and to try on some hats at a decent hat store there. I didn't buy any hats yet, but I might when I return for school in the fall.

When I got home from Whyte Ave. I went for a walk with my little cousin Chelsey. We walked and talked about school and stuff in the park and the ravine near the place where I was staying. Entering the ravine was definitely a mistake. It was infested with large mosquitoes that attacked us in swarms. Needless to say, we were bit a few times.

Later I went to the wedding rehearsal where I practiced my vidoegrapher skilllz. (sorry, my skills are not actually mad enough to be spelt skillz.) This afternoon is the real thing. I hope it turns out alright. We ended off the night by stuffing ourselves at the Buffet Royale and doing some decorating at the reception hall. Buffet Royale had very good Chinese cuisine, very good western cuisine and even a chocolate fountain, Yummy :)

so after all that preparation and build up the big day is upon my friends Dave and Amanda. In about 7 hours the will be married!

I will probablt post a few picture when this is all over, either here or on facebook.

No comments: