Sunday, July 1, 2007

Mount St. Benidict

Saturday morning I went hiking with my friends Jason, Gerry and Kevin. Mount St. Benidict is located in the Mission/Hatzic area about 30 minutes from Abbotsford where I live. The hike involves about 2 1/2 hours hiking uphill and about 1 1/2 hours downhill with varying inclines ranging from 35 degrees to 60 degrees. About 2/3rds of the way up we encountered allot of snow but decided to hike through it to get to the peak. We believe that the snow actually made it easier to hike to the top because it was more like a ramp then stairs and we could make our own trail to the top. When we reached the peak we ate lunch with our heads in the clouds, literally. From the peak we could see a couple ponds we passed on the way up and a lake that we believe to be Davis Lake as well as other mountains nearby. The way down was very fun because we could slide/ski down the snowy parts. It was a very fun hike and I definitely enjoyed spending time talking with my friends and bonding as we go on an adventure. I look forward to doing more hikes in the future!








No comments: