Thursday, July 12, 2007

Taking God with you...

Today I went out to Timmy's with a friend and we talked about few different things but one thing in particular that we talked about was taking God with us. What I mean when I say this is allowing God into our lives to trust him with even the little things, not just the big things.

It makes me think how often i ignore God when I go to work, hang out with my friends, or spend time alone. God is the sort of person that we should take with us everywhere.

I am reminded of a skit that was performed during Worship 937 last semester that starts with a girl deciding that she is going to spend some quality time with Jesus. So she opens her bible and begins to read. suddenly there is a knock at the door and two friends are there enticing her to come to a party with them. She tells them that she can't go but then they tell her that a certain boy will be there at the party. Now she really wants to go and makes for the door, only Jesus (personified) stays right by her side. She does not want to take Jesus with her because she will be ashamed if Jesus sees her at that kind of party, so she tries to make him stay. She tries to tell him that she will spend time when she gets back and tells him to wait but Jesus remains at her side. Finally she is so frustrated that she grabs some spikes and a hammer and crucifies Jesus to the wall and walks out the door to the party.

Sometimes I really feel that God is like that in my life. I think sometimes that I try to leave God at home whilst I work and play; only to dust him off every few days. How can I know God if I don't spend time with him? It's not just alone time with God but ALL times with God. I should be able to take him to work or down to the coffee shop or to the movies, band not be ashamed to have him there side by side.

No comments: