Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 29: Hyannis, MA (Cape Cod)

After New York I decided to take a small break from visiting large cities and take a break down on the beach.  I originally had not planned on going to Cape Cod but now that the Stars concert is done I have more freedom to go to different locations.  I hope to include more small detours from here on out.  

I am very thankful that I could take this detour to Cape Cod and also that the weather was perfect for the better part of the day.  I really appreciated walking along the beach with my shoes off and feeling the warm sand between my toes and the water around my legs too. I enjoyed seeing all sorts of shells covering the shoreline. 

SAM_1872

SAM_1869 

I was so glad to be in a place that didn’t have any tall buildings and was filled with kind nice people.  The hostel i stayed at was more like a large house where friends lived and hung out together.  It is a brand new HI Hostel and was very good.

I did not know this before going to Cape Cod but JFK is a big deal out there.  Cape Cod is apparently the childhood home of the Kennedy family and the place where they went to rest and relax.  In Hyannis they have a memorial and a museum in his honour.  The is also a memorial for the soldiers of Cape Cod that have died in the Korean War.   

SAM_1862

SAM_1863

Next, I will be in Washington for a couple days but I look forward to more natural destinations in the future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.